“Let the children come to me.”
We are privileged to have a growing and dynamic children’s ministry! The core of our Children’s Ministry is Sunday School, which occurs during the second half of the worship service. Our Sunday School uses an ecumenical curriculum, Seasons of the Spirit, which offers resources to integrate with our worship service. We are blessed with both long-time and brand new caring teachers, who enjoy our children immensely.
On the first Sunday of the month, our children remain in the worship service, as we want them to be able to receive communion. We also firmly believe that worshipping with the entire church community is a part of their formation as Christian people.
Our congregation loves children. We consider their noise to be a source of joy. We love to watch them play during coffee hour and surreptitiously grab an unreasonable amount of cookies. They also surprise us as they teach us from a different perspective of God’s love for each of us.
Highlight of youth activities at Cornwall Presbyterian Church:
- “Souper Bowl” Sunday: Money and foodstuffs are collected and donated to the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley.
- Children’s Awards Day: Attendance Awards and Certificates of Participation are presented to students who attended Sunday School during the school year.
- Christmas Pageant: The performance is presented during one of the Christmas services.
- The Giving Tree: The students organize the gathering of approximately 50 gift certificates from the congregation and friends to be shared with local needy families within the Cornwall Central School District.
- Winter Coat Drive: Gently used jackets are offered to those in need when they visit the Food Pantry at the Vails Gate Methodist Church